- This event has passed.
Maker Day 2019
February 18, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Celebrate Presidents’ Day at the Discovery Museum with our annual Maker Day. This special event will feature fun, hands-on activities designed by our educators to stimulate young minds and get them building, testing, and seeing their ideas in action.
There will be a $1 discount on all admissions on Maker Day, courtesy of Specialty Cable Corporation.
Special activities will include:
– Coding room, sponsored by Code Ninjas: code hearts and snowflakes for 3D printing, and take home a 3D-printed keychain
– Create your own museum exhibit: use an array of materials to build a 3D model of the ultimate exhibit for your dream science museum
– Rube Goldberg machine, sponsored by the engineering department at Sacred Heart University: build a Rube Goldberg-style machine using recycled materials
– Make a tree: help Discovery Museum to make a giant paper-maché tree
– Geometric builders and tangrams
We’ll also have live science demonstrations and planetarium shows throughout the day!
Schedule for the Henry B. duPont III Planetarium:
11:00 am Flight Adventures
1:00 pm Flight Adventures
2:00 pm Laser light show
3:00 pm Laser light show
4:00 pm The Skies Tonight
Many thanks to our event sponsor:
Many thanks to our community partners: